About Your Space
About Our Home
White Cottage is a two bedroom cottage, set back along a narrow access road and comprises of:
- Entrance to the cottage through a pretty front garden planted with colourful roses which blossom in early and mid summer.
- The front door leads into a living-dining area with wood flooring, sofa and easy chair.
- Fully fitted kitchen with washing machine, oven and hob, fridge with ice tray.
Stairs lead up to first floor with:
- Living room with two seater sofa, writing desk and bookshelves.
- Bathroom with shower, WC and wash basin
Stairs lead up to second floor with:
- Single bedroom with side table and chest of drawers.
- Double bedroom with standard size double bed, side table and wardrobe.
Outside Area and Garden
There is a pretty front garden with outside sitting area
There is no dedicated parking but there is usually parking available either nearby the cottage or in the Woodstock public car park which is five minutes walk. There is no suitable parking for commercial vehicles. Note that vehicle access to the property is along a narrow side road.
About the Neighbourhood
Woodstock makes the perfect holiday destination or base for Oxford city centre. Woodstock has enormous historical interest with the magnificent Blenheim Palace, birthplace of Winston Churchill, located in the centre, just two minutes walk from the cottage. Visitors to the palace can take a walk around the 2,000 acres of landscaped parkland and beautiful formal gardens or take a picnic by the great lake.
There are over ten small restaurants and pubs within two minutes walk of the cottage, ranging from reasonably priced Indian, Chinese and Italian restaurants to silver service in the well known Feathers and Bear hotels. Blenheim Palace Gate is also a two minute walk and the property is situated next door to Woodstock Museum, which boasts a beautiful garden and home made cakes and lunches in it's ever-popular museum cafe. The Cotswolds are a short drive away.
Woodstock is located approximately eight miles outside of Oxford city centre to the North West of the city. Access to the city centre is easy and convenient by bus or by car. Woodstock makes the perfect location to explore the Cotswolds area and other cities of England such as London and Bath. London is now only 50 minutes by train from Oxford Parkway (a ten minute drive).
Included in Your Rental Fee
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels).
- Utility bills.
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than ten nights.
- Complimentary welcome pack including; Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started.
*WiFi is provided by a third party provider. We will do all that is possible to ensure continuity of service but there may be rare occasions where service is disrupted due to circumstances beyond our control.