About Your Space
About Our Home
The Potting Shed is a charming one bedroom property. The accommodation comprises of:
- Entrance area leading into kitchenette-dining-seating area.
- Bathroom with shower and WC.
- The kitchenette has a fridge with freezer compartment, oven and gas hob, washing machine and dishwasher. The kitchen is equipped with chinaware, pans and cooking equipment.
- There is a dining table and two chairs.
- There is a sofa, wall mounted TV and wood burning stove.
- The bedroom comprises of a standard size double bed and space to hang and put away clothes.
Outside Area and Garden
There is a small private patio area off the bedroom out through the double doors, overlooking the garden with table and chairs. Guest should please note that they do not have access to the whole garden, and the images reflect the setting of the property and the views that are enjoyed.
There is off road parking available for one vehicle only.
About the Neighbourhood
The Potting Shed is very secluded and in a safe neighbourhood.
Woodstock makes the perfect holiday destination or base for Oxford city centre. Woodstock has enormous historical interest with the magnificent Blenheim Palace, birthplace of Winston Churchill, located in the centre, just two minutes walk from the house. Visitors to the palace can take a walk around the 2,000 acres of landscaped parkland and beautiful formal gardens or take a picnic by the great lake.
There are over ten small restaurants and pubs within two minutes walk of the property, ranging from reasonably priced Indian, Chinese and Italian restaurants to silver service in the well known Feathers and Bear hotels. Blenheim Palace Gate is also a two minute walk and the property is situated next door to Woodstock Museum, which boasts a beautiful garden and home made cakes and lunches in it's ever-popular museum cafe.
The nearest grocery shopping is the Woodstock Co-op which is ten minutes walk. You also have a Sainsbury's within a ten minute drive.
Woodstock is situated about 10 km from the city of Oxford. There is a regular bus service that departs every 30 minutes or so. The Cotswolds Area of Outstanding National Beauty is a short drive away and you are in the picturesque villages of Bourton-on-the-Water, Chipping Norton in just 20 minutes or so.
Oxford Parkway Station is 4 km away with quick direct train service to London Marylebone.
THINGS TO DO IN THE AREA
-Explore the Cotswolds 'Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty'
with villages such as Stow-on-the-Wold, Bourton-on-the-Water and
Chipping Camden just a short drive away.
-Explore Blenheim Palace Park. Birthplace of Winston Churchill and a fantastic family day out.
-Explore Oxford city. We recommend the Ashmolean Museum, the Natural History Museum and a tour of at least one Oxford College!
-A day out at Cotswold Farm Park. A great working farm in the heart of the Cotswolds. http://www.cotswoldfarmpark.co.uk
-A day out at Cotswold Wildlife Park. See the camels, giraffes and the rhino family in a stunning venue. http://www.cotswoldwildlifepark.co.uk/
-Chill out in Witney. Some great cafes and local shops.
-Tour of the Wychwood brewery. One if the top ranking Trip Advisor things to do in the area. If you like your English Ale then this is a 'must place' to visit http://www.wychwood.co.uk/shop/tours
Included in Your Rental Fee
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels).
- Utility bills.
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than ten nights.
- Complimentary welcome pack including; Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started.
*WiFi is provided by a third party provider. We will do all that is possible to ensure continuity of service but there may be rare occasions where service is disrupted due to circumstances beyond our control.