About Your Space
The old bank manager's residence is a spacious two bedroom flat located on the second floor of the grade II listed former Nat West bank, positioned on the Market Square in the heart of historic Woodstock. The apartment offers very comfortable accommodation for four guests in two double bedrooms, one with a four poster bed. The rooms have high ceilings and large traditional sash windows overlooking the square. There is a large sitting room, and a fully equipped kitchen with views over the Oxfordshire countryside.
About Our Home
The Old Bank is a two bedroom apartment in the heart of Woodstock. The accommodation comprises of:
- Ground floor entrance with stairs leading up to
- Hallway leading left into the kitchen. The fully fitted kitchen is equipped with chinaware and utensils, washing machine, fridge-freezer, induction hob, oven and dishwasher.
- Living room furnished with sofa and easy chairs, a writing dest, wide screen TV, dining table and chairs. The living room has views over Woodstock Market Place and The Bear Hotel.
- Bedroom one is a double bedroom furnished with a king-sized four-poster bed and wardrobe.
- Bedroom two is a double bedroom furnished with two 3ft single beds, that can be configured as a king size double bed.
- Family bathroom with bath and shower.
Outside Area and Garden
Although the property does not have an outside space, you are just a two minute walk from the Green Gate into Blenheim Estate
Private parking is available between 6pm and 8am and on weekends. There is often street parking available in Woodstock and a free car park within a five minutes walk, with some time restrictions.
About the Neighbourhood
The Old Bank is situated overlooking the heart of Woodstock town. There is a great variety of restaurants, cafes and pubs within a few minutes walk. You are just a few minutes walk from Blenheim Palace and Blenheim Park.
With its glorious honey-coloured streets full of picturesque
creeper-clad cottages and elegant town houses, Woodstock combines
excellent modern amenities with olde-worlde English charm.
Its charming centre boasts a museum, post office, two banks,
numerous inns, teashops, restaurants, a number of boutiques and
local stores along with a host of other services. Fresh produce,
and a whole lot more, can be picked up at the local delicatessen,
while artisanal bread and a great cup of coffee are available
the Natural Bread Company on the High Street. There are major supermarkets just a few miles away, and the property is within the delivery area of the Waitrose in nearby Witney. Blenheim Palace is within a stone's throw of the property, one of Britain's most magnificent stately homes with lush landscaped gardens and sparkling lakes, it is a designated UNESCO World Heritage site. The Palace offers walks and game fishing within its grounds and numerous otherrecreational and sporting activities throughout the year.
Woodstock is situated about 10 km from the city of Oxford. There is a regular bus service that departs every 30 minutes or so. The Cotswolds Area of Outstanding National Beauty is a short drive away and you are in the picturesque villages of Bourton-on-the-Water, Chipping Norton in just 20 minutes. Junction 9 of the M40 is 14km away
Oxford Parkway Station is 4 km away with quick direct train service to London Marylebone.
Included in Your Rental Fee
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels).
- Unlimited high-speed (50mbps) WiFi.*
- Utility bills.
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than ten nights.
- Complimentary welcome pack including; Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started.
*WiFi is provided by a third party provider. We will do all that is possible to ensure continuity of service but there may be rare occasions where service is disrupted due to circumstances beyond our control.