About Your Space
About Our Home
Cooper's Cottage is a three bedroom cottage and is thought to be over 400 years old - one of the first dwellings to be built in Lower Heyford. The original front door would have been where the middle window in the sitting room is currently. The cottage is a Grade 2 listed building. The accommodation comprises:
- The entrance to the cottage is from the rear of the property, leading into a dining area with tiled floor and antique dining table.
- Galley-style fitted kitchen with plenty of work space and is fully equipped that you should need for a short or extended stay.
- Comfortable living room with period features, oak beams and wood burning stove.
- Downstairs bathroom features a stand-alone bath and walk in shower.
- The main bedroom is on the first floor and has a comfortable double bed (130cm x 190cm) and wooden floor
- The second bedroom has a single bed (90cm x 180cm) which extends to make a twin (90cm x 180cm), original wood flooring and is stylishly furnished.
- The third bedroom has bunk beds (90cm x 180cm) and is suitable for children or young adults.
- There is an upstairs toilet.
Note for parents with young children
The double bedroom is located on a different side of the house to the twin bedroom and bedroom with bunk beds. There is no through corridor on the first floor. This layout may not be suitable for parents who don't wish to sleep in the twin room but would like to sleep in close proximity to younger children.
Outside Area and Garden
There is a very pretty and private garden behind the cottage, with a patio area.
There is no allocated parking but spaces are available on the street.
About the Neighbourhood
The village of Lower Heyford is 13km from Junction 9 of the M40 and just one and a half hours from London. Heyford railway station is 15 minutes walk from the cottage. There is a rail service between the nearby Heyford station and London Paddington via Oxford. Cooper Cottage isust a few kilometers from Soho Farmhouse which makes it a great location for members or visitors using the Farmhouse.
Things to do
-Woodstock and Blenheim Palace - the birth place of Winston Churchill. Lots of information on line.
-Oxford - the train in the village runs between Banbury and Oxford and comes approximately every two hours in both directions. It takes 12 minutes to get to Oxford.
-Oxford Canal - on the far side of the playing field opposite the cottage can be found the Oxford Canal. Turn right and there is a lovely circular walk to Upper Heyford and back taking you either side of the canal. Turn left and within five minutes you will be at Heyford train station and also Heyford Wharf. If you are feeling more adventurous it is a 14 mile walk direct to Oxford City centre along the canal and 12 miles to Banbury. Both walks end close to the train station and an easy journey home!
-The Wharf - Oxfordshire Narrowboats are based at the wharf and canal boats can be hired here by the day, great fun! There is also a small shop selling basics like milk and butter and a cafe called Kizzie's at the wharf, serving light meals and afternoon tea as well as breakfast - highly recommended. www.oxfordshirenarrowboats.com
-Bicester Village - needs no introduction for most people, but in case you are not a convert, it is an outlet village selling designer clothes at cut down prices and is a ten minute drive away! There is also a large Tesco supermarket next to Bicester Village. If you need food shopping as well we suggest you park here and walk over to Bicester Village, although there is a two hour limit on parking at Tesco.
-Rousham - if you drive or walk across the bridge out of Lower Heyford towards Woodstock and look left you will see Rousham House. A beautiful, privately owned country house. The gardens are open most of the year to look around (no children under 15). Possible to walk to Rousham in 20 minutes.
Included in Your Rental Fee
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels).
- Utility bills.
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than ten nights.
- Complimentary welcome pack including; Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started.
*WiFi is provided by a third party provider. We will do all that is possible to ensure continuity of service but there may be rare occasions where service is disrupted due to circumstances beyond our control.