About Your Space
Willow Cottage is a charming three bedroom holiday cottage in the picturesque village of Kirtlington, on the edge of the Oxfordshire Cotswolds. The cottage is stone built and particularly characterful with period features, beamed ceilings and original stone tiled floors. There is a wood-burning stove which is cosy through the winter, and the stone floor keeps the property cool in summer.
The kitchen is fully fitted and equipped with gas hob, double oven, fridge-freezer and washer-dryer. The upstairs comprises of two doubles, a single bedroom and a family bathroom.
There is a private walled garden with lawn and outdoor seating area.
The cottage comprises of:
- Ground floor with living room furnished with dining table and chairs, sofa, easy chairs and wood-burning stove.
- Kitchen with double gas hob, double oven, washer-dryer, fridge-freezer, chinaware and cooking equipment.
Stairs lead up to second floor with:
- Bedroom one with a double bed, bedside tables and clothes hanging.
- Bedroom two with a single bed, bedside table and single wardrobe.
- Bedroom three with double bed, bedside table and built-in wardrobes.
- Family bathroom with bath and overhead shower, wash basin and WC
Outside Area and Garden
There is a secure, walled courtyard garden at the rear of the property with table and chairs.
There is one off road parking space beside the cottage and additional parking within five minutes walk.
- Sorry but no smoking
- No car charging allowed from this proprty due to limitations on the capacity. There are numerous car charging points in the area.
About the Neighbourhood
Kirtlington is a pretty village with two local bistro-pubs within walking distance, The Oxford Arms and The Dashwood. There is also a convenient village shop and post office in Bletchingdon just a three minute drive. With Oxford and the Cotswolds on the doorstep, there is lots to do and see in the area.
Parking just outside the property. There are some local buses to Oxford but we'd recommend this as a cottage for those who have a car or hire car.
There is an hourly bus service that runs between Bicester and Oxford with a pick up point along the Bletchingdon Road. Bus number 250 (no evening or Sunday service). Takes roughly 30 minutes to Oxford. or 30 minutes towards Bicester.
TOP THINGS TO DO IN AND AROUND KIRTLINGTON
-Explore the Cotswolds
-Kirtlington Quarry down Mill Lane for adventurous walks through wooded pathways
-Pigeon Lock and canal waterways
-Blenheim Palace and Woodstock
-Golf at the Kirtlington Golf Club
-Explore Oxford City and the Colleges
Included in Your Rental Fee
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels).
- Utility bills.
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than ten nights.
- Complimentary welcome pack including; Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started.