About Your Space
Quarry Cottage is a contemporary three bedroom holiday cottage situated in the pretty village of Bladon. Quarry Cottage is so named as it is placed beside the old quarry wall, where much of the stone was taken to build houses in the village itself. Bladon is a small village situated on the edge of the Cotswolds and adjacent to Blenheim Palace and Estate. The town of Woodstock is 3km walk away and Oxford is 10km.
The park of the Blenheim Estate is within a couple of minutes walk from the house and accessed via walking path. A popular morning walk is through the nearby kissing gate from where you can see the Palace and enjoy a delightful stroll through the grounds.
The popular White House pub is a couple of hundred metres walk from the house. The White House has gained reputation as being a Community Pub which is owned and looked after by the village itself. It has a very friendly atmosphere and is well loved by the locals in Bladon.
ABOUT THE COTTAGE
The cottage comprises of:
- Spacious living area with French windows opening out to the rear garden. Furnished with sofa, easy chair and writing desk.
- Wood-burning stove.
- Kitchen with oven, hob, washer-dryer, dishwasher and microwave.
- Dining table and seating for six.
- Gently curving wooden stairs leading up to first floor.
- Bedroom one with single bed.
- Bedroom two with twin beds.
- Family bathroom with bath, washstand and WC.
- Bedroom three with king size bed, hanging space and en suite bathroom with shower.
There is a private rear garden with grass area and decking.
There is off-road parking for one vehicle. No commercial vehicles are permitted on site due to the develeopment planning rule.
The following restrictions apply to this property:
- No single sex, hen or stag group booking are permitted. The property is in a quiet residential area and not suitable as a party property.
- Bookings allowed for holiday or leisure purposes only. Business stays and commercial vehicles are not permitted.
ABOUT THE LOCATION
Bladon is a small village situated 3km from Woodstock. There is access to the Blenheim Estate through a kissing gate and walking path that leads around the park and across to Woodstock.
The popular White House pub is a couple of hundred metres walk from the house. The White House has gained reputation as being a Community Pub which is owned and looked after by the village itself. It has a friendly atmosphere and well loved by the locals in Bladon.
The village is on the edge of the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and within easy reach of some of the most picturesque villages such as Stow-on-the-Wold, Burford and The Slaughters.
The city of Oxford is 12km from Bladon