About Your Space
Situated in historic Bladon, The Bladon Farmhouse is walking distance to the Blenheim Palace Estate, and the pretty town of Woodstock. The holiday cottage also sits on the edge of the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding National Beauty with the pretty villages of Stow-on-the-Wold and Burford just 30 minutes drive away.
The city of Oxford is 10km and easily accessible by bus or by car using the park and ride. There are two nearby railway stations (Oxford Parkway and Long Hanborough) with direct services to London.
ABOUT OUR HOME
Entering Bladon Farmhouse you are greeted by a bright hallway with traditional stone floor.
- To the right there is a large living room which is furnished with comfortable leather sofas and a wood burning stove.
- The living room is the perfect place to relax after a long day.
- To the left of the hallway is the large cottage style kitchen. Furnished with an attractive wood dining table and chairs seating up to six people and a fantastic setting for family meals.
- The kitchen is fitted with all cooking utensils and equipment that you would need from a home away from home.
- The staircase winds up to the first floor with a small study area off to the left hand side.
- There are two spacious bedrooms with large windows.
- The first bedroom is furnished with a comfortable French style king size bed, wardrobe and chest of drawers. The en suite bathroom is fitted with bath with overhead shower.
- The second bedroom is furnished with twin beds and stylish wood furniture.. The en suite bathroom is fitted with a large shower cubicle.
ABOUT THE HOLIDAY COTTAGE HOSTS
The owners of the property, Kelvin and Kate, live in the adjoining property and share the driveway. They are on hand to answer any questions or queries.
The garden features a large grassy area and a very mature Beech tree to provide shade in the summer months.
There is parking for one vehicle and two vehicles on request.
ABOUT THE NEIGHBOURHOOD
Located in the village of Bladon, near Woodstock, The Bladon Farmhouse is 20 minutes drive to the centre of Oxford, a couple of minutes from Woodstock and 15 minutes to the pleasant market town of Witney. There are small supermarkets in Woodstock and nearby Long Hanborough. In the town of Witney you can find several supermarkets including Waitrose, Sainsbury's and Tesco. There are two swimming pools within a 15 minute drive and several golf courses.
THINGS TO DO IN THE AREA
-Explore the exquisite Blenheim Palace and Estate
-Visit Sir Winston Churchill's grave. You will find it in the grounds of the small 15th century Bladon church, just a few minutes walk away from the cottage. It is very modest, but exquisitely well kept.
-Visit the Butterfly Farm and pleasure gardens in the grounds of Blenheim, they are great for children.
-Explore the town of Woodstock, it has some great shops, pubs and restaurants.
-Explore Oxford, the university colleges and museums are a highlight.
-Take a walk along the River Thames.
-Take a day trip to London.
Included in Your Rental Fee
-Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets,
blankets and towels).
-Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than ten nights.
-Complimentary welcome pack including; Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started.
*WiFi is provided by a third party provider. We will do all that is possible to ensure continuity of service but there may be rare occasions where service is disrupted due to circumstances beyond our control.