About Your Space
About Our Home
Spring Hill Cottage is an exceptionally well presented two bedroom property in a peaceful setting wth uninterrupted views of the countryside and Evenlode valley, with deer, hare and pheasants for neighbours. The accommodation comprises:
The entrance to Spring Hill Cottage is into a good-sized kitchen with a wood dining table and chairs.
- The kitchen is fitted with an electric cooker and all the cooking utensils and equipment that you would need for a home away from home. It is a light room with a double aspect, allowing views to both north and south sides of the garden. On a warm, sunny day the main kitchen stable door can be opened onto the east of the house and views of the surrounding woods.
- Leading from the kitchen there is a spacious and light living room, again with double aspect and with French doors overlooking the large patio of the main house, which lies beyond. The living room is comfortably furnished with a leather sofa and armchairs, and a desk. Stairs lead from the living room to a large landing with a bedroom at each end.
Stairs up to the first floor:
- Bedroom one is furnished with a comfortable king sized bed and has an en suite shower room. It has a good sized window with far views over the Evenlode valley and the distant spires of Church Hanborough and Cassington.
- Bedroom two is furnished with twin beds and has an en suite bathroom with a bath and handheld shower. This pretty room overlooks the garden and ancient Begbroke woods. Both bedrooms and en suite bathrooms also have velux windows.
Outside Area and Garden
The modern, but attractive and light, cottage is situated next to Spring Hill House, which dates back to the early 1600s. The sitting room and kitchen face south and overlook the lovely garden of the main house. To the north is the cottage's own garden of a quarter of an acre. Visitors are welcome to stroll in both but can also enjoy their own private area and choice of two patios.
There is parking available for two cars
About the Neighbourhood
The cottage and adjoining house are situated in a peaceful setting beyond the village There are attractive walks from the house along an ancient track to the next village, Yarnton or beyond to Cassington and Bladon - and the Royal Sun pub in Begbroke is a 10-15 minute walk away, as is the direct route bus to Oxford or nearby Woodstock and Blenheim Palace.
The owners of the property, Giles and Nikki, live with their two dogs in the main house and are generally on hand to welcome guests and answer any queries or questions about the old house, the area and its history and Oxford's university and city. The legend in the village is that King Charles I stayed the night in Spring Hill House on his way to Long Hanborough after being driven out of Oxford by Oliver Cromwell in 1644.
Spring Hill Cottage is located about 2km from the main A44 road that runs between Oxford and Woodstock. The property is at the top of Spring Hill at the end of a 1 kilometre farm track. You could also take the three minute drive down to the bus stop where there is free and easy parking in Spring Hill Road
Included in Your Rental Fee
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels).
- Utility bills.
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than ten nights.
- Complimentary welcome pack including; Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started.
*WiFi is provided by a third party provider. We will do all that is possible to ensure continuity of service but there may be rare occasions where service is disrupted due to circumstances beyond our control.