About Your Space
About Our Home
The Old Stables is a two bedroom cottage property. The accommodation comprises of:
- Front door leading into fully fitted kitchen with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washer-dryer. There is ample work space for food preparation and chinaware and cooking utensils all provided. There is a dining table and chairs for four.
- Living room with sliding glass doors looking out to south facing garden. Wood-burning stove, sofa and easy chairs. There is a wall mounted widescreen television.
- Downstairs family bathroom comprising of bath with shower, WC and wash basin.
Stairs lead up to the upper floor which has wood flooring throughout and comprises of:
- Bedroom one with two single beds. Velux windows help make the room lovely and bright.
- Bedroom two is a generous double bedroom with standard size double bed (150cm X 190 cm)
Outside Area and Garden
There is a lovely south facing garden with a view down to the Windrush Valley and across to Witney. There is a garden table and seating.
There is off road parking for up to three vehicles.
About the Neighbourhood
The Old Stables is 3km from Witney and only 20km from the university town of Oxford, city of dreaming spires and home of Oxford University - the oldest university in the English-speaking world. Closer to home is Blenheim Palace, a world heritage site and birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill. A visit to the house or walk in the grounds is highly recommended.
There are many fabulous walks very close to the farm. The closest, River Windrush Walk, takes you to the picturesque ruins of Minster Lovell and Dovecot, once home to Richard III's henchman, Richard Lovell. In the pretty medieval village, take time to visit the Old Swan pub for a drink or a meal.
You are never more than a couple of miles from a historic Cotswold pub. Another circular walk takes you to the village of Swinbrook where you should call in at the Swan Inn, the gastro pub decorated with pictures of the extraordinary Mitford family, who were major figures in the political, literary and social scenes for much of the 20th century and lived in Swinbrook House in the early 1930's.
The pretty Cotswolds village of Burford is only 9km away and on the way to the pretty Thames-side town of Lechlade you can visit Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens. In fact there is so much to see and do that the only way to find out is to come and stay!
Included in Your Rental Fee
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels).
- Utility bills.
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than ten nights.
- Complimentary welcome pack including; Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started.
*WiFi is provided by a third party provider. We will do all that is possible to ensure continuity of service but there may be rare occasions where service is disrupted due to circumstances beyond our control.