About Your Space
Oxford, Victorian Architect-Designed Conversion, is a stylish three bedroom home situated in the picturesque village of Wolvercote, just three miles north of the centre of the city of Oxford. Wolvercote sits on the edge of an ancient meadow, Port Meadow, with the River Thames running along its western side. Some residents have ancient grazing rights to keep horses, cattle and geese on the meadow.
There are two excellent pub / restaurants in the Wolvercote. The centre of Oxford is a short drive by car and there is a bus into the centre which leaves every 15 minutes. You can also walk along the canal or across the meadow into the centre of Oxford.
For peace and privacy, the home is set well back from the road behind a beautiful garden and there is a sun trap rear garden, perfect for al fresco dining. There is parking on the private driveway for three cars. There is a wonderful handmade bespoke oak kitchen, with a large family fridge / freezer, a dishwasher, microwave, washing machine and tumble dryer. Towels and linen are provided.
Features of the home are:
- Spacious open-plan living-dining-kitchen area which looks out over the pretty walled garden.
- Dining table and chairs for six.
- Living area with comfortable sofas and easy chairs.
- Wide screen TV and WiFi.
- Central heating and under-floor heating in bathrooms.
- Well equipped kitchen with gas double oven and hob, dishwasher, chinaware and cooking utensils.
- Washing machine and dryer in utility room with iron and ironing board.
- First floor double bedroom with king size bed, clothes hanging, bathroom with bath, WC and wash basin.
- First floor double bedroom with standard double bed.
- First floor family bathroom with walk-in shower, WC and wash basin.
- Stairs lead to bedroom three with a standard double bed.
- Spacious walled garden area with outside seating.
- Parking at front for three vehicles.
- Sorry but no smoking in house or garden and no pets allowed.
ABOUT YOUR HOST
The home is managed by Short Let Space Discover Cotswolds Cottages. We are a holiday cottage management company providing first class host services for holiday homes in Oxford and the Cotswolds. You will have a personal contact to help plan your trip and a 24/7 contact number in case of problems or emergency during your stay.
ABOUT THE AREA
Wolvercote is a pretty village on the outskirts of Oxford. The home is near to a wide open area of meadow land that runs along the River Thames into Oxford. The Oxford Canal is a short walk away which also has a footpath into Oxford which is around a 2.5 mile walk.
There are two excllent pub-restaurants in the village. The Trout Inn is an upmarket gastro-pub with outside seating and views over the River Thames. Jacobs Inn is a family friendly cosy gatro-pub. In the village there is a local shop and children's play area. The River Thames is a five minute walk from the home.
There is a popular River Thames bathing and swimming area near to Godstow Bridge which crosses the River Thames at Wolvercote.
Wolvercote is an idyliic base to explore the City of Oxford and the Cotswolds. Oxford city centre is 30 minutes by bus or 3 miles by car. Several of the gateway villages to the Cotswolds such as Woodstock and Chipping Norton are just 30 or so minutes drive.
Included in Your Rental Fee
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels).
- Utility bills.
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than ten nights.
- Complimentary welcome pack including; Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started.