About Your Space
About Our Home
The Oxford Corner House is a lovely three bedroom family home situated along a quiet residential street which runs parallel to the Abingdon Road to the south of Oxford city. The home comprises of:
Downstairs ground floor
- Open plan living and study area with sofa, easy chairs, flat screen TV with free Netflix and Amazon Prime, fireplace and book shelves. Tastefully decorated. Study area with desk and chair.
- Kitchen which is fully fitted and equipped with cooking utensils, chinaware, dishwasher, gas hob and oven.
- Dining area with table and seating for five which overlooks the rear garden.
- Family bathroom with a bath and wall mounted shower, WC and wash basin
- Bedroom one which is a double bedroom with a standard double size bed, bedside table and desk.
- Bedroom two which is a double bedroom with standard double size bed, bedside tables and wardrobe.
- Stairs lead up to Bedroom three which is a single bed with a study desk and chair
The TV has a Firestick which allows you to watch catch up TV channels, Amazon and Prime etc but not live TV (you will need to have your own Netflix account).
Outside Area and Garden
There is a private rear garden with table and chairs
There is no parking available at the property
About the Neighbourhood
The property is situated south of the city centre in a popular residential street running parallel to the main Abingdon Road. The 15-minute walk to the city centre takes the visitor across the River Thames and up the beautiful street of St Aldate's, past the Town Hall and Christ Church College. There are also frequent buses along the Abingdon Road. This area has excellent transport links. The Abingdon Road adjoins the Oxford ring road and the A34, with easy access to the M40. The apartment is therefore an excellent choice for visitors looking for access to South Oxfordshire's business and science parks, such as the Oxford Science Park, Milton Park, Culham Science Park, Abingdon, Didcot and Harwell.
The area, Grandpont, consists mainly of Victorian terraced
houses like this one, and is very popular with young professional
families. The adjacent Abingdon Road runs parallel to the River
Thames, with lovely views of the college sports grounds and
boathouses all along one side and delightful riverside walks. Punts
and rowing boats can be hired at Folly Bridge, five minutes away.
Hinksey Park, with an excellent outdoor swimming pool, tennis
courts and a lake is one minute away at the end of Marlborough
Road, and the water meadows which lie behind the apartment are also
lovely for walking in.
Grandpont has plenty of essential shops for the self-catering visitor, such as small supermarkets, newsagents and a chemist, and a number of pubs. All the facilities of the city centre are very close.
Included in Your Rental Fee
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels).
- Utility bills.
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than ten nights.
- Complimentary welcome pack including; Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started.
*WiFi is provided by a third party provider. We will do all that is possible to ensure continuity of service but there may be rare occasions where service is disrupted due to circumstances beyond our control.