About Your Space
About Our Home
Marlborough Road is a light and sunny one bedroom apartment in the popular Grandpont area of Oxford. The accommodation comprises:
- The sitting room is a beautiful light room at the top of the house. The velux windows offer charming rooftop views to the front, and large windows to the back offer beautiful views over the water meadows. It is very comfortably furnished with a sofa and armchair, small tables and TV/DVD.
- The bedroom is a light room at the front of the house. It is furnished with a double bed, large mirrored wardrobe with drawers beneath, bedside tables on either side and a chair.
- The kitchen is of a good size and very smart and modern, with maple wood units and cupboards and attractive tiling. It is fully equipped with all appliances, including a dishwasher, and contains a pine dining table and chairs for guests' dining.
- The bathroom is also quite spacious and well-presented, with corner bath and overhead shower and constant hot water.
- All the living areas are beautifully carpeted and there is central heating throughout.
- Broadband wifi connection.
Outside Area and Garden
Although there is no garden space at the property, there are walks in the water meadows - just one minute from the apartment.
There is no parking space at this apartment
About the Neighbourhood
The apartment is .75km south of the city centre in a popular
residential street running parallel to the main Abingdon Road. The
15-minute walk to the city centre takes the visitor across the
River Thames and up the beautiful street of St Aldate's, past the
Town Hall and Christ Church College. There are also frequent buses
along the Abingdon Road.
This area has excellent transport links. The Abingdon Road adjoins the Oxford ring road and the A34, with easy access to the M40. The apartment is therefore an excellent choice for visitors looking for access to South Oxfordshire's business and science parks, such as the Oxford Science Park, Milton Park, Culham Science Park, Abingdon, Didcot and Harwell.
The area, Grandpont, consists mainly of Victorian terraced
houses like this one, and is very popular with young professional
families. The adjacent Abingdon Road runs parallel to the River
Thames, with lovely views of the college sports grounds and
boathouses all along one side and delightful riverside walks. Punts
and rowing boats can be hired at Folly Bridge, five minutes away.
Hinksey Park, with an excellent outdoor swimming pool, tennis
courts and a lake is one minute away at the end of Marlborough
Road, and the water meadows which lie behind the apartment are also
lovely for walking in.
Grandpont has plenty of essential shops for the self-catering visitor, such as small supermarkets, newsagents and a chemist, and a number of pubs. All the facilities of the city centre are very close.
Included in Your Rental Fee
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels).
- Utility bills.
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than ten nights.
- Complimentary welcome pack including; Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started.
*WiFi is provided by a third party provider. We will do all that is possible to ensure continuity of service but there may be rare occasions where service is disrupted due to circumstances beyond our control.