About Your Space
About Our Home
Beech Cottage is a two bedroom cottage style property located in Boars Hill. The accommodation comprises:
- A fully fitted and equipped kitchen with ample work space. There is a stylish, round dining table and dining chairs for entertaining.
- The bathroom has a bath and integrated shower, WC and wash basin.
- A spacious living room furnished with cream leather sofas and a gas fire for cold winter evenings.
- In the living room there is a sofa bed for additional guests (supplements may apply) and a study desk providing a useful work space.
Stairs up to the first floor:
- Bedroom one is bathed in light from the two windows that overlook the garden. It is furnished with a single bed, built in wardrobes and chest of drawers.
- Bedroom two has character and charm. It has beautiful windows that also overlook the garden and give the room lots of natural light. It is furnished with built in wardrobes, chest of drawers and a standing wash basin area.
- Wood paneled doors add a cottage feel to the property
Outside Area and Garden
The cottage enjoys a private garden.
There is parking space for two cars.
About the Neighbourhood
Beech Cottage is located in Boars Hill, a hamlet, 6km Southwest of Oxford city centre and 6km Northeast of Abingdon. The property offers the combination of a peaceful, rural location with excellent transport links: the A34 and A420 are only minutes away. The property offers easy access to the Oxford business parks, Milton Park and Culham Science Park, all within 15-20 minutes drive. There is a pub, The Fox Inn, 0.5km from the cottage that serves food. The nearby village of Wooton is 2 km away and offers a small supermarket, post office, a pharmacy and chip shop. There is an hourly bus (number 44) that goes from Boars Hill to Oxford and Abingdon. There is also a service available from Wooton.
Boars Hill is an upmarket and picturesque area 6km South East of Oxford city. With fine views over the city of Oxford and beautiful countryside, Boars Hill makes the perfect setting to enjoy the great outdoors. The cottage itself sits on a public footpath that leads to Sunningwell near Abingdon.The renowned scholar and poet Matthew Arnold was a regular visitor to Boars Hill and coined the famous phrase "the dreaming spires" there. This encouraged people to visit the hill and settle there.
Included in Your Rental Fee
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels).
- Utility bills.
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than ten nights.
- Complimentary welcome pack including; Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started.
WiFi is provided by a third party provider. We will do all that is possible to ensure continuity of service but there may be rare occasions where service is disrupted due to circumstances beyond our control.