About Your Space
Orchard Cottage is situated in the picturesque hamlet of Great Wolford, just 6km from the village of Moreton-in-Marsh which is in the heart of the Cotswolds.
An utterly charming pet-friendly cottage packed with homely touches throughout, this is an ideal retreat for those looking to escape into the countryside and enjoy peace and quiet.
There is a lovely enclosed garden which children will love, and in summer is a haven in which to sit and enjoy the wildlife and tranquil space.
The house itself is full of character with wood floors, a cottage style kitchen and, in winter, a cosy snug in which to hunker down with the wood-burning stove.
ABOUT THIS HOME
- Open plan living-kitchen-dining room with gorgeous wood floor and tiled kitchen.
- Fully equipped kitchen with gas oven, hob, fridge-freezer.
- Dining table and seating for six.
- Sofa and easy chair with wall mounted TV. Views out to the garden.
- Downstairs shower and WC.
- Utility room with sink, washing machine and dryer.
- Snug with wood-burning stove, day bed, sofa and easy chair.
- Family bathroom with shower, WC and wash basin.
- Bedroom one with king size bed, en suite bathroom with bath, WC and wash basin.
- Bedroom with single bed
- Bedroom with double bed
There is parking for up to two cars at the front of the house.
Orchard Cottage is situated five minutes walk outside the hamlet of Great Wolford and 6km from the market town of Moreton-in-Marsh, which is one of the gems of the Cotswolds.
Moreton-in-Marsh is located in the Evenlode Valley of the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. A small market town, Moreton-in-Marsh has an idyllic high street full with local places to eat and a delicatessen.
Holiday cottage holidays in Moreton-In-Marsh
The medieval village of Moreton-in-Marsh can be found right in the heart of the Cotswolds, making it the perfect base for exploring the surrounding countryside and quaint towns and villages.
With some of the region's finest pubs, restaurants and tea shops in the village itself, there's no need to venture too far from your cottage. The location is an ideal holiday or staycation destination for families with children, couples, retirees or walkers. For the keen cyclist the Cotswolds is as good as the south of France for long rides through picturesque countryside.
PLACES TO VISIT AND THINGS TO DO
- Batsford Arboretum, near Moreton-in-Marsh
- Cotswold Falconry Centre (next to Batsford Arboretum)
- Sezincote, House and Gardens, near Moreton-in-Marsh
- Chastleton House, National Trust
- Blenheim Palace, Woodstock
- Compton Verney, National Trust
- The Theatre, Chipping Norton
- Cotswold Distillery
- The Rollright Stones
- Bourton House Garden, Bourton-on-the-Hill
- Cotswold Lavender, Snowshill
- Cotswold Country Park & Beach, Cirencester
- Cotswold Water Park, South Cerney
- Cotswold Farm Park
- Cotswold Wildlife Park
- Snowshill Manor and Garden, National Trust
- Sudeley Castle & Gardens
- Birdland Park & Gardens, Bourton-on-the-Water
- Greystones Nature Reserve, Bourton-on-the-Water
- Fosseway Garden Centre, in Moreton - has great soft play for rainy days
- Far Peak Climbing & Adventure Centre, Northleach
- Hook Norton Brewery & Museum
- North Cotswolds Brewery
- Longborough Festival Opera
- North Leigh Roman Villa (it's nice to walk here across the fields from Stonesfield)
- Stratford-upon-Avon. Visit Shakespeare's Birthplace, Anne Hathaway's Cottage, Mary Arden's Farm, the Royal Shakespeare Theatre and Swan Theatre, and much more.
- Sports and Leisure Centre, Fire Service College, Moreton-in-Marsh
- Chipping Norton Leisure Centre
- The Lido, Chipping Norton (Easter to Sept)
- Shipston Leisure Centre
- Cirencester Open Air Swimming Pool (May to Sept)
- TY Cycles, Chipping Norton (they can deliver bikes to you free of charge).
- Stratford Bike Hire, The Greenway (5 mile traffic-free cycle path), Stratford.
- Pioneer Equestrian Coaching, Evenlode
- Cotswold Riding at Durhams Farm, Chastleton
- Bourton Vale Equestrian, Bourton-on-the-Water
- Cotswolds Club, Chipping Norton
- Heythrop Park, Enstone
- Feldon Valley, near Brailes
- Broadway Golf Club
- The Wychwood Golf Club, Lyneham
- Welford-on-Avon Golf Course
- Naunton Downs Golf Club