About Your Space
About Our Home
Browns Lane is an enchanting and picturesque 18th century mews cottage located in a quiet lane in the heart of Woodstock, offering a prime location in this historic old town. A recent renovation has brought the exterior and interior up to the highest standards whilst retaining all the period charm and character associated with this cottage. The technology has been updated, including high speed broadband and a smart TV incorporating Netlix.
The accommodation comprises:
- Comfortable sitting room including a two seater sofa and arm chairs that create a warm and inviting setting. A large Inglenook fireplace with gas fire to relax in front of after a long day.
- The kitchen is fully equipped with all appliances needed for a self catering holiday including a microwave, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Another wonderful feature of the cottage is the delightful indoor conservatory with table and chairs to enjoy a relaxing breakfast.
Stairs up to the first floor:
- The master bedroom has a beautiful wooden four poster super king sized bed and en suite toilet.
- There is a beautiful claw foot bath with a separate shower unit in the light and airy master bathroom.
Stairs up to the second floor:
- Spacious attic bedroom with twin beds and built in storage
Overall this property is the ideal spot to unwind and relax and appreciate the beautiful Cotswolds surroundings.
Outside Area and Garden
Although the property does not have an outside space, you are just a two minute walk from the Green Gate into Blenheim Estate
Parking is usually available on the side road that accesses the property but it cannot always be guaranteed.
About the Neighbourhood
Woodstock makes the perfect holiday destination or base for
Oxford city centre. Woodstock has enormous historical interest with
the magnificent Blenheim Palace, birthplace of Winston Churchill,
located in the centre, just two minutes walk from the cottage.
Visitors to the palace can take a walk around the 2,000 acres of
landscaped parkland and beautiful formal gardens or take a picnic
by the great lake.
There are over ten small restaurants and pubs within two minutes walk of the cottage, ranging from reasonably priced Indian, Chinese and Italian restaurants to silver service in the well known Feathers and Bear hotels. Blenheim Palace Gate is also a two minute walk and the property is situated next door to Woodstock Museum, which boasts a beautiful garden and home made cakes and lunches in it's ever popular museum cafe. The Cotswolds are a short drive away.
The Short Let Space offices are based in Woodstock and if you are ever looking for local advice or recommendation please just let us know.
Woodstock is located approximately eight miles outside of Oxford city centre to the North West of the city. Access to the city centre is easy and convenient by bus or by car. Woodstock makes the perfect location to explore the Cotswolds area and other cities of England such as London and Bath. London is now only 50 minutes by train from Oxford Parkway (a ten minute drive).
Included in Your Rental Fee
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels).
- Utility bills.
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than ten nights.
- Complimentary welcome pack including; Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started.
*WiFi is provided by a third party provider. We will do all that is possible to ensure continuity of service but there may be rare occasions where service is disrupted due to circumstances beyond our control.