About Your Space
The Hayloft is a very special cottage hidden away in the picturesque village of Hook Norton, just 8km from Chipping Norton. The Hayloft is an ideal bolthole in the Cotswolds sleeping up to two guests. Just a few minutes walk from a well stocked local shop and three excellent local pubs.
The location is ideal to explore the stunning Cotswold countryside, as well as discovering the nearby city of Oxford which is just 40km south or a 40 minute drive.
The Hayloft is a private annexe of a larger house and situated above the former stables.
- Stairs lead up to an open plan living-dining-kitchen style area with wood floors and stone walls
- Fully equipped kitchen with chinaware, cooking utensils, oven and hob, washer-dryer and microwave
- Dining area with seating for four
- Living area with sofa, easy chair and TV
- Bedroom with four-poster style king size bed
- Bathroom with bath and overhead shower
- Gas central heating
Off road parking is available for one car.
ABOUT YOUR HOST
This home is hosted by Short Let Space Holiday Cottages. We are an independent Holiday Cottage company specialising in cottage and holiday home rentals in Oxford and the Cotswolds. The home is personally managed by our local home manager who is on hand to help guests with anything needed.
INCLUDED IN YOUR RENT
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels).
- Utility bills.
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than ten nights.
- Complimentary welcome pack including; Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started.
Hook Norton is a picturesque village with many honey-coloured historic buildings, thatched cottages, a thriving community and its very own steam driven brewery - the last of its kind in the country. The village boasts a well-stocked shop, Post Office, three excellent pubs and many lovely walks can be enjoyed from the village.
The village is just 18km from Chipping Norton and the gateway to the Cotswolds. The historic town of Woodstock is just 15km and home to Blenheim Palace and Estate. Stratford-upon-Avon, birthplace of William Shakespeare, Warwick with its magnificent castle and Royal Leamington Spa make a lovely day out. Enjoy many types of motor and superbike racing at Silverstone or spend a day shopping at Bicester Village Designer Outlet.
For Soho Farmhouse members, the Farmhouse is 10km drive.
Hook Norton is just a short drive to some of the most picturesque villages in the Cotswolds such as Great Tew, Moreton-in-Marsh, Bourton-on-the-Water, Burford and Stow-on-the-Wold.
The Pear Tree: The pretty 18th century pub, which also serves as the Brewery tap, is ideally located for use by the many walkers who pass by or visitors to the Hook Norton Brewery Visitor Centre. Banbury Guardian Pub of the Year 2015. Discount for CAMRA members.
The Gate Hangs High: With superb panoramic views of the surrounding Oxfordshire countryside, a roaring log fire in the feature inglenook fireplace and a popular local restaurant with daily specials.
The Sun Inn: This beautiful English Inn, built from Cotswold stone with original flagstone floors, oak beams and inglenook fireplace, prides itself on its warm and friendly atmosphere.