Oxford Science Studies
Founded in 1997 by a group of tutors from the University of Oxford and starting out with a focus on the Sciences, Oxford Science Studies offer revision courses for the majority of subjects at GCSE, IGCSE, IB and A Level.
Oxford Science Studies offer six revision courses a year, during the half terms and holidays.
- February Half Term – Available on a day only basis, for 1 to 9 days of study
- Easter – Available on a day only or residential basis, for 1 to 3 weeks of study
- May Weekends – Available on a day only basis, for 1 to 4 days of study
- Summer – Available on a day only or residential basis, for 1 to 3 weeks of study
- October Half Term – Available on a day only basis, for 1 to 9 days of study
- Christmas & New Year – Available on a day only or residential basis, for approximately 1 to 9 days of study
Oxford International College
This is usually the course location for the February Half Term, May Weekends and the October Half Term. This is also the tuition location for the Christmas & New Year, with accommodation usually at St Edmund Hall.
St Edward’s School
This is usually the course location for the Easter and Summer Courses.
The courses offered by OXSS are very specific, with students able to tailor a course to suit their own needs, choosing their preferred dates and subject options. OXSS aim to tailor the course around the student, not the other way around. Students can take a combination of subjects and are not limited, for example, to one subject per week.
Depending on the course, OXSS offer small group or guaranteed one-to-one tuition. The maximum timetabled class size is six students. This allows students to get the tailored help they require.
Regular revision is useful for a number of reasons, consolidating learning, filling gaps in subject knowledge and gaining a new perspective, to mention a few. Easter and Summer
Courses also include sessions on Study Skills. A great way to think about time management, exam techniques and revision plans.
For further information:
Phone: 01865 240637
Accommodation near to Oxford Science Studies
If you are a parent travelling with your children and require accommodation in Oxford, we have a number of furnished short stay apartments and houses nearby to the OXSS venues. Please contact us on 01993 222 200 or send us an enquiry.